Sunday, July 13, 2008

Dream

Come,

Sleep,

And dream with me…

Dreams may come and go, birds for sure will sing, all plants will bloom and yet the eyes of the sardine are staring at some invisible point in the remote horizon, not believing that the lake has long been dried out.

I, with my muddy shoes walk along the freeways with many images along and the voice of a friend echoing in my head. Call me and smile though I will still be bitter as my nightmares make me be. You know it too that pushing you away is much too hard…

I toss, I turn, and wrinkle the soft bleach smelling bed sheet and I wake then to find you not there with me no more. I rise, I call, and I search to see that all the rooms are empty. Then I lock the door and get back to my clumsiness under my burning locks of hair and unspoken cigarettes.

I wake up,

Again,

And you’re gone.

No comments: