Sunday, July 13, 2008

Mixed

The night falls and snow seems too far to reach me. The dim moonlight keeps whispering and the shadows stop moving for a while. Summer rises all my dreams again and I start to curl on the small cot. I close my eyes and open them again to see some image that was long absent in my mind.

Mom keeps calling me and she is unable to find me. I am not hiding. So come, find me mom… I’m waiting…

Five minutes and he is there. I’m a woman in a long gown and in full bloom. I sweat, I pant and I run away.

She’s still calling me; where are you mom? I’m here, come find me and take me out for an Italian ice-cream with much cherry…

There’s a grey corridor back there and a locked gate at the front. I’m lost. My bag is empty of all lipsticks, chocolates, tissues and cigarettes. I still hear my mom’s voice, as if young again, carrying cherries and green apples: “Get me out mom, will you?”

She screams and I almost feel her hand grasp my little fragile body.

I dive.

I drown.

And I rise…

No comments: